HST155 Week1 Contact, Settlement, Slavery
HST155 Week1: This first assignment will help you lay down your understanding of the social, political, economic, and global events that shaped the American scene during colonial times.
Complete the Clash of Cultures worksheet.
University of Phoenix Material
Clash of Cultures
Complete both parts of this assignment.
Complete the grid by describing the characteristics listed in the left-side column for the five groups listed on top.
|Native Americans||Northern Colonists||Mid-Atlantic Colonists||Southern Colonists||West Africans|
Write a 350-word summary in which you discuss one of the following topics about how the groups conflicted:
- Pilgrims and Native Americans in Massachusetts
- The kidnapping of colonists by Native Americans
- Pequot War
- Jamestown’s relationships with Native Americans
- The differences between indentured servants and slaves
- Racial issues in the 17th century
- The Deerfield Massacre
- The early anti-slavery movement
- The enslavement of Native Americans
- Biological crossover, with a focus on disease
<insert summary here>
This assignment contains a Microsoft Word document.
Click HERE for more HST155 weeks.