When the Constitution was written, few politically-minded Americans would have predicted the importance “factions” would have in the future of the new country. Yet factions, or as we would say today, political parties, now dominate the political landscape.
In the short essay for this week, describe the evolution of political parties in the first decades of the United States while responding to the following prompts:
- Give examples of how “factions” appeared in the 1770s and 1780s (BEFORE 1787).
- Identify the two factions that appeared during the debates over ratification of the Constitution.
- Identify the two parties of the First Party System that appeared already during the 1790s, and give the general characteristics of each.
- Discuss specific examples of the two parties “in action” (name people, events, policies, etc.).
- Explain how the First Party System came to an end.
- Identify the two parties of the Second Party System that began to appear by 1828.
Your essay should be two full-pages minimum (three maximum), using the format used in all previous assignments (font and double spacing).
This assignment contains a Microsoft Word document.
Click HERE for more HIS101 weeks.
If you would like to order an original assignment, please contact email@example.com or text (617) 299-6181. Kindly visit our original assignment website www.prowriting.co