HCS437 Week3: Long-Term Care Facility Study Outline
HCS437 Week3: Each student must visit a long-term care facility in his or her own community. Students should contact that facility to schedule their visit as soon as possible.
Use the Facility Study Form to record your observations of the facility. Each team member will be required to submit this form with the final learning team assignment.
Choose one facility as a team that you will use for your Long-Term Care Facility Study project.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word outline detailing your plans for your facility study. You will use this outline to develop your presentation due in Week Five. In your outline, address the following:
- What facilities did your team members visit? Provide a brief description of the facilities.
- Which facility did your team choose for the learning team project? Why did you choose this facility?
- How do you plan to obtain the following information for your facility study presentation?
Note: You do not need to answer the following questions at this time. Instead, you will focus on your plan for obtaining the appropriate information that will be used in your final presentation.
- What are two state and two federal regulations that your facility must adhere to?
- What licensure or accreditation does the facility hold? What are some of the requirements for the facility to be granted this licensure and accreditation?
- What types of reimbursement are available to this type of facility? How does this differ from other long-term care facilities?
- How does public policy affect the facility’s financing and ability to deliver services to patients?
- What is the role of the administrator and case manager in this facility? How do their roles in this facility differ from the roles of administrators and case managers in other facilities?
- What types and number of staff does this facility need? Explain the rationale for this. How might these needs differ in facilities that attend to different long-term care populations?
- How do current health care trends affect long-term care needs? How will they affect your chosen facility?
Submit the outline as directed by your instructor.
Note: Because facilities are open to the public and should encourage community relationships, students may visit a facility as an interested observer, community resident, or fellow health care professional. If facility staff members do not welcome this type of visit, this must be noted on the checklist, as relationships with the public are important aspects of quality of life for facility residents. Facilities are available for visits on evenings and weekends, so this segment of the assignment should not be a burden for students with outside commitments.
This assignment contains a Microsoft Word document and a PDF.
Click HERE for more HCS437 weeks.
If you would like to order an original assignment, please contact email@example.com or text (617) 299-6181. Kindly visit our original assignment website www.prowriting.co